Have you ever wondered how our dental technicians make beautiful crowns or veneers which fit your teeth perfectly? Of course, there is the experience, talent and dedication of our dental technicians, in the first place. However, all that would not be possible without a precise impression of your teeth, based on which crowns, bridges, veneers are done, as well as prosthetic devices on implants – bridges, all on four etc.
There are different kinds of impression classifications, but the basic is – digital and conventional impression.
Conventional impression is taken with a dental impression tray in which a proper material is placed.
In the digital protocol the impression is taken using an especially designed intraoral scanner, with whom the teeth and surrounding tissues are being scanned, without the use of impression trays and materials
Why digital impression?
- Comfort for the patient – is considered one of it’s greatest advantages. Researches show that the greatest percent of patients choose digital over conventional impression, taking into consideration the smell, gum sensitivity, vomiting reflex, and the difficulty to breath.
- The passing time of the scan is relatively good – intraoral scan lasts, on average, 4 minutes, while for a conventional impression minimum 10 minutes is needed.
- Accuracy and precision – the possibility for an error is totally minimized.
- Data transmission over the Internet– all data is immediately transferred to the dental laboratory, which enables immediate laboratory control, and efficient, precise work.
- Digital data base – enables us a fast and easy access to all diagnostic procedures and treatment, old charts and paper are history now.
New technologies, among others digital impression, enable dentist to have completely different perspective on everything, with much more precision than earlier.
Because of all this, in Lavin Dental Clinic you have the possibility of digital dental impressions, as for using all of the advantages of digital dentistry.
Make an appointment and see for yourself!